♥ 95 and going strong ♥
We would like you to meet Gert, who is 95 years old. She is one of our heroes.
At 95 she is living on her own, cooking, doing her shopping and is remarkably sharp for her age. We ran into her a few weeks ago and for the first time since we’ve known her, she looked a little down. She told us she was bored.
We decided to give Gert some purpose and have her contribute sundry bits of her wisdom here. We have posted video interviews with Gert on our YouTube channel, where she shares various pearls of wisdom. Gert is looking forward to continued involvement with Who Stole My Pockets. Please feel free to leave a comment with any questions you might have for her.
Gert has much to share and we are giving her a forum to do that.
Here are some thoughts in her own words; you can see a little more about Gert on our “Gert’s Guides” page:
My life is no big secret
- I try to see the best in the people I’ve met in my life.
- I sill get much pleasure from my Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren, and friends.
- I wake up each morning facing the day with a smile and good thoughts.
- I am fortunate to have the help of neighbors when I need it, and I am always grateful for them.
- I keep my mind busy by reading, doing jigsaw puzzles, walking and shopping.
No Big Secret….. JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOUR LIFE ♠